Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bud, Not Buddy Day #9

Believe it or not, and I know I was surprised, there is a Log Cabin restaurant in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  I don't know if it's the same one as in the book, but the real one has been there since 1938.  And just like there was a band in the Log Cabin when Bud got there, the Log Cabin today still has concerts.  From what I could figure out, Bud, Not Buddy takes place in 1936, but maybe Christopher Paul Curtis based the Log Cabin in his book on the one in real life.  Here it is:


Now imagine a Packard like this one parked out front.


Unfortunately, after a lot of searching, I couldn't find a restaurant called The Sweet Pea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Mr. W Reads. Feel free to leave a comment or question, and I will respond as quickly as possible. All comments are moderated, so your comment may not appear right away.